Kogi State Polytechnic, Lokoja was established by the Kogi State Government under Edict No. 6 of 1994. The Polytechnic is located in the confluence town of Lokoja, the Kogi State capital in North Central Nigeria.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Registrar
Location: Lokoja, Kogi
- The Registrar is a Principal Officer of the Polytechnic. He/She is the Chief Administrative Officer of the Polytechnic and responsible to the Rector for day to day administration of the Polytechnic.
- He/She shall be the Secretary to the Polytechnic Council, the Academic Board and other statutory Committees of the Polytechnic.
Qualifications And Experience
- Prospective candidates must possess good honours degree in the Humanities, Social Sciences, Arts or equivalent qualifications from recognized Universities with at least fifteen (15) years cognate experience or Masters degree from recognized Universities with at least fourteen (14) years cognate experience.
- He/She must be a member of recognized relevant professional body such as Nigeria Institute of Management, Institute of Corporate Administration etc.
- In addition, the candidate must show evidence of good leadership and must have been a Deputy Registrar in the Polytechnic system for at least five years.
- He/She must not be more than fifty five (55) years at the point of assumption of duty in the Polytechnic.
Tenure of Appointment
The appointment will be for five years in the first instance and may be renewed subject to satisfactory performance for another five years and no more.
Conditions Of Service
The Condition of Service for the post are the same as obtained in Public Polytechnics in Nigeria
Application Closing Date
6th November, 2017.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit 21 Copies of their Applications and Curriculum Vitae in the following format:
- Full names with Surname underlined
- Date and place of birth
- State of Origin/Local Government Area
- Nationality and how acquired
- Marital Status Number and Ages of Children
- Current Postal Address including Telephone Number and e-mail address
- Educational Institutions attended with dates
- Academic/Professional Qualifications obtained with dates
- Membership of Professional bodies/Associations
- Previous Employer(s) and posts held
- Publications if any.
- Names and addresses of three Referees.
Applications with Curriculum Vitae and photocopies of all relevant credentials in sealed envelopes with the position applied for marked at the top-left corner of the envelop should be submitted by hand or post to:
Kogi State Polytechnic,
Note: Referee reports should be sent in confidence within the same period to the above address. Only shortlisted candldates would be invited for interview.