Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Polytechnic Librarian
Location: Lokoja, Kogi
- The Polytechnic Librarian is a Principal Officer and is the head of the Polytechnic Library. He shall be responsible to the Rector for the smooth running of the Polytechnic’s library.
Qualifications And Experience
- The candidate for the post of Polytechnic Librarian must possess a good honours degree in Library Science from a recognized institution of higher learning with at least fifteen years cognate experience or Masters degree in Library Science with fourteen years cognate experience.
- Evidence of membership of professional body is a must, preferably, registration with Librarian Registration Council of Nigeria (LRCN).
- The candidate should also have evidence of continued scholarly contributions to knowledge through publications in reputable peer review outlets.
- He/She must have been a Chief Librarian in the Polytechnic system for at least five years and not more than fifty five (55) years at the point of assumption of duty in the Polytechnic.
Tenure of Appointment
The appointment will be for five years in the first instance and may be renewed subject to satisfactory performance for another five years and no more.
Conditions Of Service
The Condition of Service for the post are the same as obtained in Public Polytechnics in Nigeria
Application Closing Date
6th November, 2017.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit 21 Copies of their Applications and Curriculum Vitae in the following format:
- Full names with Surname underlined
- Date and place of birth
- State of Origin/Local Government Area
- Nationality and how acquired
- Marital Status Number and Ages of Children
- Current Postal Address including Telephone Number and e-mail address
- Educational Institutions attended with dates
- Academic/Professional Qualifications obtained with dates
- Membership of Professional bodies/Associations
- Previous Employer(s) and posts held
- Publications if any.
- Names and addresses of three Referees.
Applications with Curriculum Vitae and photocopies of all relevant credentials in sealed envelopes with the position applied for marked at the top-left corner of the envelop should be submitted by hand or post to:
Kogi State Polytechnic,
Note: Referee reports should be sent in confidence within the same period to the above address. Only shortlisted candldates would be invited for interview.