Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Director of Works
Location: Lokoja, Kogi
- The Director of Works and Services is a Principal Officer of the Polytechnic. He shall be responsible to the Rector for the overall control of the Works and Estate Department as well as acquisition, operation and maintenance of all Polytechnic assets.
Qualifications And Experience
- The prospective candidate for the post of Director of Works and Services must possess a good first degree in Engineering (Civil, Mechanical, Electrical), Architecture or Building with at least fifteen years cognate experience or Master’s degree in same disciplines with at least fourteen years cognate experience.
- He/She must belong to a registered Professional body such as COREN, ARCON or NSE or CORBON.
- The candidate must show evidence of technical ability in handling work.s and maintenance schedules and must not be more than fifty five (55) years at the point of assumption of duty in the Polytechnic.
- He/She must have been a Chief Engineer/Architect/Builder for at least five years in the Polytechnic system.
Tenure of Appointment
The appointment will be for five years in the first instance and may be renewed subject to satisfactory performance for another five years and no more.
Conditions Of Service
The Condition of Service for the post are the same as obtained in Public Polytechnics in Nigeria
Application Closing Date
6th November, 2017.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit 21 Copies of their Applications and Curriculum Vitae in the following format:
- Full names with Surname underlined
- Date and place of birth
- State of Origin/Local Government Area
- Nationality and how acquired
- Marital Status Number and Ages of Children
- Current Postal Address including Telephone Number and e-mail address
- Educational Institutions attended with dates
- Academic/Professional Qualifications obtained with dates
- Membership of Professional bodies/Associations
- Previous Employer(s) and posts held
- Publications if any.
- Names and addresses of three Referees.
Applications with Curriculum Vitae and photocopies of all relevant credentials in sealed envelopes with the position applied for marked at the top-left corner of the envelop should be submitted by hand or post to:
Kogi State Polytechnic,
Note: Referee reports should be sent in confidence within the same period to the above address. Only shortlisted candidates would be invited for interview.