youngstars Foundation is one of Africa’s unique, life-changing youth organization operating in Abuja, Nigeria. From a weekly youth club in a local barber shop in 1995, Youngstars Foundation is growing to emerge as one of the lead youth non-profit that is building young people and strengthening youth organizations involved in development programs in Africa.
Youngstars Foundation is now in Special Consultative Status with the Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC) of the United Nations Department of Economic and Social Affairs (UNDESA), and is registered with CAC Nigeria as Youngstars Development Initiative (CAC/IT/NO 21517) and in Ghana as Youngstars Development Initiative (G.21, 431).
We are recruiting to fill the positions below:
Job Post: Communications / Social Media Associate
- Candidates will be responsible for leading the Corporate Communications team in the execution of communications and media relations strategies, tactics and initiatives of the organization.
- Interested candidates must able to work as assigned for 5 days a week and weekends (when necessary).
- Candidates should be a minimum of 18 years old.
- Have a Diploma or a Degree in Communications or related disciplines.
- Display sound knowledge of the structure of English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar, as well as good writing and speaking skills.
- Have a strong ability to tell stories from basic life experiences and narratives.
- Have demonstrated skills in composing, editing and proofreading the written language as a means for effectively communicating to a variety of audiences; often requiring creativity or objectivity and impartial reporting.
- Display in-depth knowledge and understanding of social media platforms, (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Pinterest etc.) and how each platform can be deployed in different scenarios.
- Enjoy a working knowledge of the blogging ecosystem relevant to the organization’s field.
- Maintain a working knowledge of principles of SEO including keyword research and Google Analytics.
- Highly knowledgeable in the principles of “Search and Social.”
- Preferred candidates – Female.
- Are able to maintain confidentiality, work with sensitive or proprietary information and exercise discretion.
- Are knowledgeable of basic computing equipment and software typical in a modern office environment.
- Knowledge in practical application of Windows OS, MS Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint preferred.
- Experience in media production, communication, and dissemination techniques and methods will be an advantage.
- Possess knowledge and experience in the social media and traditional media marketing.
- Experience sourcing and managing content development and publishing.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Application Letters, CV’s and recent passport photograph to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications Deadline 20th October, 2017.