Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Bursar
Location: Lokoja, Kogi
- The Bursar is one of the Principal Officers of the Polytechnic. He is the Chief Financial Officer of the Polytechnic and is responsible to the Rector for the day to day administration and control of the financial affairs of the Polytechnic.
Qualifications And Experience
- Prospective candidates are to possess a good honours degree in Accountancy or equivalent qualifications from recognized Universities or Polytechnics with at least fifteen years post qualification experience or Masters degree in Accountancy with fourteen (14) years of post qualification cognate experience in the Polytechnic system.
- He/She must also be registered with relevant professional bodies such as ACCA, ICMA, ICAN, CNA etc and have demonstrable abilities for enthusiastic leadership.
- He/She must not be more than fifty five (55) years at the point of assumption of duty and must have been a Chief Accountant/Deputy Bursar for at least five years in the Polytechnic system.
- The candidate must not be more than fifty five (55) years at the time of assumption of duty in the Polytechnic. He/She must be intellectually and professionally sound and must be very reliable.
Tenure of Appointment
The appointment Will be for five years in the first instance and may be renewable subject to satisfactory performance for another period of five years and no more.
Conditions Of Service
The Condition of Service for the post are the same as obtained in Public Polytechnics in Nigeria
Application Closing Date
6th November, 2017.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit 21 Copies of their Applications and Curriculum Vitae in the following format:
- Full names with Surname underlined
- Date and place of birth
- State of Origin/Local Government Area
- Nationality and how acquired
- Marital Status Number and Ages of Children
- Current Postal Address including Telephone Number and e-mail address
- Educational Institutions attended with dates
- Academic/Professional Qualifications obtained with dates
- Membership of Professional bodies/Associations
- Previous Employer(s) and posts held
- Publications if any.
- Names and addresses of three Referees.
Applications with Curriculum Vitae and photocopies of all relevant credentials in sealed envelopes with the position applied for marked at the top-left corner of the envelop should be submitted by hand or post to:
Kogi State Polytechnic,
Note: Referee reports should be sent in confidence within the same period to the above address. Only shortlisted candldates would be invited for interview.