The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to people affected by war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Vacancy Post: Supply Chain Officer
Job Location: Damaturu, Yobe State
Anticipated Start Date: Contingent on funding
Scope of Work
- Under the direct supervision of the Base Manager, and technical oversight of Supply Chain Manager in Maiduguri, the Supply Chain Officer will be based in Damaturu with occasional travels to the Maiduguri Field Office.
He/She will provide Supply Chain support to the Yobe Office supply chain the following areas:
Policies,Procedures and Coordination:
- Understand, implement and monitor adherence at the Yobe Office to IRC Supply Chain policies and procedures including Procurement, Asset and Inventory Management, Vehicle and Equipment Management
- Ensure compliance with IRC and donor regulations with regard to Supply Chain functions.
- Coordinate with Programs and Finance on Supply Chain related issues
- Ensure that IRC Supply Chain monitoring and control standards for Yobe office are met.
Budget & Finance:
- Ensure spending plans for Yobe Office are in place and followed and report any concerns to Finance and Supply Chain Manager.
- Ensure database of good and reliable suppliers for different categories of works are maintained at Yobe level.
- Ensure goods are delivered in timely manner and in good conditions
- Manage the timely purchase and distribution of recharge cards for modems and phones as approved for IRC staff, visitors and consultants.
- Assist Program and Admin staff in working effectively with other units to improve planning and resource utilization.
- Ensure key/routine reports, (PRTS tracking, assets and stock reports, fuel consumption report are prepared and communicated to Supply Chain Manager.
- Oversee Transport Logistics for all IRC Staff visiting Yobe from within and outside the country
- Coordinate with Drivers to ensure Proper planning of Movement of Staff within Yobe
- Ensure all assets for IRC Yobe are tagged, recorded in the ledger and tracked as per the IRC‘s global Supply Chain Asset Management Manual.
- Create a tracking and reporting database for all irc inventory as per the irc inventory management practices
- Ensure the safety of the ware house and inventory following good management practices and proper recording of information
- Maintain knowledge of local government requirements related to Supply Chain matters and ensure compliance with legal requirements on tax exemption and customs clearance.
- Ensure vehicle local policy is followed by drivers
- Ensure that vehicles are prepared to follow the movement plan
- Ensure vehicle log books are used correctly and train staff on usage as needed.
- Other relevant duties as assigned and requested by Supervisor.
- Bachelor degree in a relevant field.
- Supply Chain / Logistics qualifications highly desirable
- 2 years’ experience working with Supply Chain supporting a multi-sector humanitarian programming within an International Ngo in a cross-cultural setting.
- Working knowledge of US, European and UN donor regulations regarding supply chain functions.
- IRC experience is an advantage
- Able to work in a high-pressure situation, solve problems and resolve conflicts.
- Able to independently organize work, prioritize tasks and manage time.
- Strong interpersonal skills, able to coach and support others
- Self-motivated, honest, highly responsible, and punctual.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, fluent in written and spoken English
- Advanced computer skills (MS word, excel, PowerPoint, and outlook). Competency in database and gps and asset.
Standards for Professional Conduct:
- The IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way – Standards for Professional Conduct.
- These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation..
Monthly salary, 13Month Salary Inclusive, Health Insurance Coverage for Family, Pension, Creche Facilities available for Women with babies under 24 Months.
14th September, 2017.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s and Cover letters to “The Country Director, International Rescue Committee” via: IRCNigeria.Recruitment@rescue.org Using the Job Title as subject of the mail.
Hand delivery applications should be sent in clearly labelled envelop to the International Rescue Committee (IRC) office in Damaturu, Yobe or Maiduguri Borno State.