The International Rescue Committee (IRC), one of the world’s largest humanitarian agencies, provides relief, rehabilitation and post-conflict reconstruction support to victims of natural disaster, oppression and violent conflict in 42 countries. The IRC is committed to bold leadership, innovation and creative partnerships. Active in public health, education, livelihoods, women’s empowerment, youth development, and protection and promotion of rights, IRC assists people from harm to home.
We are currently recruiting to fill the vacant post below:
Job Vacancy Post: Procurement Officer
Job Location: Damaturu, Yobe
Anticipated Start Date: Contingent on funding
- The Procurement Officer will be responsible for undertaking procurement activities on DFID funded education in Emergencies Consortium.
- The Procurement Officer will be responsible for facilitating and following all procurement and supply chain activities in our base Office in Damaturu, Yobe State.
- The Supply Chain Officer must be able to rapidly procure program and operations supplies, services, equipment from vendors and service providers whilst ensuring best practice and audit compliant records.
- The Supply Chin Officer will report to the Yobe Field Base Manager and also have a dotted reporting line to the IRC Supply Chain Manager.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Ensuring that procurement is carried out in accordance to IRC and donor-specific polices.
- Manages fleet in the field office and ensures that movement plan is prepared, shared and implemented
- Ensures assets are properly registered, tracked and reported.
- Ensures drivers are well oriented, supported and supervised of their daily routines
- Ensures that warehouse is managed as per IRC and donor standard
- Advising the Based Manager on procurement-specific issues and/or improvements.
- Provides timely and accurate supply chain report on inventories, assets, vehicles, procurement and related;
- Manages the maintenance of facilities, compound and office space in the field office.
- Any other duties or tasked by supervisor.
- 2- 4 years of experience in logistics, procurement and other supply chain functions. INGO experience is preferred.
- At least 18 months’ work experience in procurement
- Knowledge of generic procurement procedures and practices (IRC or NGO experience advantageous).
- Familiarity with major donor and local regulations / laws advantageous.
- Experience in budgeting and spending plans.
- Competent in spoken and written English.
- Good mathematical skills.
- Competent use of PC, especially spreadsheets (Microsoft applications)
- Diploma or Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field. (Bus.Admin, Finance , Supply Chain)
- Supply chain / logistics qualifications highly desirable
- Strong sense of personal integrity.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Team spirit and problem solving abilities.
Standards for Professional Conduct:
- The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way – Standards for Professional Conduct.
- These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.
Monthly salary, 13Month salary inclusive, health insurance coverage for family, pension, creche facilities available for women with babies under 24 Months.
14th September, 2017
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s and Cover letters to “The Country Director, International Rescue Committee” via: IRCNigeria.Recruitment@rescue.org
Hand delivery applications should be sent in clearly labelled envelop to International Rescue Committee (IRC) office in Damaturu, Yobe or Maiduguri Borno State.