International Medical Corps is a global, humanitarian, nonprofit organization dedicated to saving lives and relieving suffering through health care training and relief and development programs.
Established in 1984 by volunteer doctors and nurses, International Medical Corps is a private, voluntary, nonpolitical, nonsectarian organization. Its mission is to improve the quality of life through health interventions and related activities that build local capacity in underserved communities worldwide. By offering training and health care to local populations and medical assistance to people at highest risk, and with the flexibility to respond rapidly to emergency situations, International Medical Corps rehabilitates devastated health care systems and helps bring them back to self-reliance.
We are presently recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Vacancy Post: M & E Assistant
Job Location: Damboa, Borno
- Technically under the supervision of M&E Coordinator and administratively supervised by the WASH Manager, the WASH M&E assistant will be responsible to for WASH based data collection, analysis and proper data presentation for reporting purpose.
- S/he will be involved in WASH infrastructure quality monitoring and evaluation estimating the various indicators reached on a regular bases.
The WASH M&E Assistant will be responsible for:
- Develop database for primary data on CHVs and hygiene promotion beneficiaries in communities.
- Input beneficiaries’ data into spread sheet in preparation for distribution of NFI kits in communities.
- Analyze CHV log sheet on monthly basis for proper report purposes.
- Participating in Organizing training sessions and present in all facilitation in IDP camps and host communities.
- Evaluate the necessary material needed for a campaign/activity.
- Participate in community mobilization in collaboration with the WASH Assistants.
- Participate in all WASH campaigns for monitoring and evaluation purposes.
- For standardization purposes, s/he will actively participate alongside community volunteers in identifying locations/sites for WASH infrastructures (latrines construction/rehabilitation, borehole drilling/rehabilitation, etc…) in the beneficiary communities.
- Report the progress of the work to the supervisor and the Head of project
- Report possible problems or conflict during the activities or any other issues that requires IMC follow up/ action
- Conduct house hold assessments.
- Monitor the Distribution of water, hygiene and sanitation items.
- Follow up with WASH staff collection of water sample from household and source and document results obtained based on indicator for the activity.
- Relate with WASH staff in obtaining accurate raw data for impact analysis during post distribution survey and also to make input into monthly and quarterly reports
- Regular reporting of indicator achieved on various WASH activities to supervisor/ WASH Officer
- Provide support to other areas of the department as may be required by the supervisor.
- B.Sc or HND in Economics, Statistics, Mathematics, Sciences or any relevant technical qualification.
- At least one (1) year of experience in data collection and analysis as an M&E with a non-profit, non-governmental organization or community development experience.
- Demonstrated skill in capacity building at community level.
- Communicate well in Hausa & any other local language is an added advantage.
- Excellent experience with Microsoft Excel, Power Point, etc.
- Strong skills with Microsoft Word
- Excellent English communication skills
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions independently
- Flexible, able to cope with stressful situations and frustrations
- Willingness to travel to other Borno LGAs outside of Damboa for up to 2 weeks as required by supervisor.
4th September, 2017.
Method Of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their applications, addressed to the “Human Resource Manager, International Medical Corps” via the email: email@example.com
- Candidates MUST state the position and location they are applying for as the subject of their email, application letter and curriculum vitae should be in a single Microsoft Word Document, otherwise applications will not be considered.
- Only Short-listed candidates will be contacted