Adam Smith International are an award-winning professional services business that delivers real impact, value and lasting change through projects supporting economic growth and government reform internationally. Our reputation as a global leader has been built on the positive results our projects have achieved in many of the world’s most challenging environments. Adam Smith International has a strong corporate presence globally, with 146 current projects across 49 countries and over 1,000 staff and associates. Headquartered in London, our regional headquarters are based in Africa (Nairobi, Abuja, and Pretoria), Asia Pacific (Sydney) and South Asia (Delhi), with numerous registered offices across Africa and Asia.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Vacancy Position: State Coordinator
Tracking Code: 948-112
Job Location: Jigawa
Reporting to: Principal Project Manager
Department: Private Sector Development
Position Type: Full-Time/Regular
- Mafita is a 6-year DFID-funded programme working in Nigeria’s northern states, with a vision to empower marginalised youths and women through the provision of increased economic opportunities and social inclusion.
Northern Nigeria has high-youth unemployment, insecurity and limited economic opportunities. Mafita aims to facilitate 68,000 marginalised young people – with a particular emphasis on adolescent girls and Almajirai – to find gainful employment. By 2021, the programme will create a net total of 43,300 full-time equivalent jobs and assisted 23,500 micro and small enterprises (MSEs). The programme will tackle the supply and demand side of the labour market, focussing on the delivery of skills essential for employment, as well as the absorptive capacity of the labour market.
Mafita partners with public and private stakeholders to improve access to relevant and quality training, mentorship, work experience, business development, and financial services for marginalised youths and women. The programme will also support local market systems to enable the absorption of MAFITA’s target beneficiaries into sustainable income-generating activities.
- The Jigawa Sate Coordinator is responsible for managing and providing strategic direction for all stakeholder engagements, research and interventions in Jigawa Sate.
- This is a full-time position, commencing as soon as possible with 160 days of input until 31st March 2018. The candidate will be based in the Jigawa office with some travel in and around focal states of Kano, Kaduna and Katsina.
- Identify, develop and maintain relationships with stakeholders in government, private sector, academia and in civil society in order to promote Mafita and its approach both in-state and in other states, as opportunities arise
- Working with the intervention managers (TVET and COSDEC) to ensure successful execution of pilots at Zaria and Site 2 (TBC)
- Support the research team to manage research and design during pilot interventions
- Work with the MRM team to assess the impact, demand and feasibility of the pilot interventions
- Continually manage, monitor and evaluate Jigawa interventions, taking actions to correct course as necessary, and ensure the production of project completion reports that well-inform decisions about future interventions
- Any other tasks as assigned by the Team Leader
- Alongside exceptional technical competencies, the candidate should bring a commitment to the programme’s overall aims of providing sustainable livelihood opportunities to marginalized young people across our core states of operation.
- The preferred candidate will bring a strong work ethic to a lively and dedicated team of professionals.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online