We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Vacancy Position: Data Officer
Tracking Code: 944-112
Job Location: Kano
Reporting to: Monitoring and Results Measurement (MRM) Manager
Department: Private Sector Development
Position Type: Full-Time/Regular
- MAFITA is a 6-year DFID-funded programme working in Nigeria’s northern states, with a vision to empower marginalised youths and women through the provision of increased economic opportunities and social inclusion.
Northern Nigeria has high-youth unemployment, insecurity and limited economic opportunities. MAFITA aims to assist 68,000 marginalised young people – with a particular emphasis on adolescent girls and Almajirai – to find gainful employment. By 2021, the program will create a net total of 43,300 full-time equivalent jobs and assisted 23,500 micro and small enterprises (MSEs). The project will tackle the supply and demand side of the labour market, focussing on the delivery of skills essential for employment, as well as the absorptive capacity of the labour market.
MAFITA will partner with public and private stakeholders to improve access to relevant and quality training, mentorship, work experience, business development, and financial services for marginalised youths and women. The programme will also support local market systems to enable the absorption of MAFITA’s target beneficiaries into sustainable income-generating activities.
- The Data Officer will support the MRM team in managing a database that will allow intervention teams to report on indicators of interest, improve the capture of Value for Money (VfM) and facilitate the provision of data to key stakeholders.
- The database will also allow the team to setup and manage studies for beneficiaries and trainers/master crafts persons.
- This is a full-time position, commencing as soon as possible with an anticipated 160 days of input until 31st March 2018, but with scope to increase this depending on budgetary constraints.
- The Specialist will be based in the Kano project office with some travel to focal states of Kaduna, Katsina and Jigawa.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Support the Research team in facilitating electronic data collection during surveys, by programming and uploading the survey questionnaires unto an online server and the data collection tablets
- Lead the process of digitizing the process of data collection of attendance records from COSDECs and apprenticeship interventions
- Support the COSDEC Skills Development Specialist on capturing students attendance records, data cleaning and analysis
- Support the Apprenticeship Skills Development Specialist to capture apprentices attendance record from the Foundational Skills Training Centers and MCP Workshops, data cleaning and analysis
- Support the MRM team in compiling and analyzing apprentices’ performance (formative/ summative assessment results)
- Identify opportunities to develop forecasts, statistical models, segmentation schemes, and data-driven analyses to drive decisions around the program
- Support in the planning and implementation of the overall analytics and business intelligence strategy
- Support in the design and development of analytical projects designed to understand key business behaviors that drove beneficiaries/partners enrolment, retention, and engagement
- Manage timely flow of business intelligence information to various users within the different working units
- Wrangle data from multiple sources and databases to create integrated views to be used to drive decision making
- Analyse trends and deliver a stable and highly available reporting platform
- Oversee all aspects of analytics and business intelligence projects
- Develop and maintain reporting and analytical tools
Required Skills and Experience
- The Data Officer should preferably have a degree in Computer Science/Information Technology/Economics/Statistics, with at least 5 years’ experience in developing and maintaining relational databases and managing electronic data collection platforms.
- Previous experience in data cleaning and analysis, maintaining and updating business intelligence tools, databases, dashboard and systems is desired. Professional certification in Oracle database administration or CISCO networking will be an added advantage.
- Alongside exceptional technical competencies, the Data Officer should bring a commitment to the programme’s overall aims of providing sustainable livelihood opportunities to marginalized young people across our core states of operation.
- The preferred candidate will bring a strong work ethic to a lively and dedicated team of professionals.
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online