Adam Smith International are an award-winning professional services business that delivers real impact, value and lasting change through projects supporting economic growth and government reform internationally. Our reputation as a global leader has been built on the positive results our projects have achieved in many of the world’s most challenging environments. Adam Smith International has a strong corporate presence globally, with 146 current projects across 49 countries and over 1,000 staff and associates. Headquartered in London, our regional headquarters are based in Africa (Nairobi, Abuja, and Pretoria), Asia Pacific (Sydney) and South Asia (Delhi), with numerous registered offices across Africa and Asia.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Vacancy Position: TVET Operations Specialist
Tracking Code: 955-112
Job Location: Kano
Reporting to: TVET Intervention Manger
Department: Private Sector Development
Position Type: Full-Time/Regular
- Mafita is a 6-year DFID-funded programme working in Nigeria’s northern states, with a vision to empower marginalised youths and women through the provision of increased economic opportunities and social inclusion.
Northern Nigeria has high-youth unemployment, insecurity and limited economic opportunities. MAFITA aims to assist 68,000 marginalised young people – with a particular emphasis on adolescent girls and Almajirai – to find gainful employment. By 2021, the program will create a net total of 43,300 full-time equivalent jobs and assisted 23,500 micro and small enterprises (MSEs). The project will tackle the supply and demand side of the labour market, focussing on the delivery of skills essential for employment, as well as the absorptive capacity of the labour market.
MAFITA will partner with public and private stakeholders to improve access to relevant and quality training, mentorship, work experience, business development, and financial services for marginalised youths and women. The programme will also support local market systems to enable the absorption of MAFITA’s target beneficiaries into sustainable income-generating activities.
- The TVET Operations Specialist is responsible to ensure the day-to-day management of TVET training delivery activities in relationship to Apprenticeship in Kano, Kaduna, Katsina and Jigawa
- The TVET Operations Specialist is expected to facilitate provision of all logistic support for TVET and Apprenticeship to deliver on activities preceding the training of MAFITA beneficiaries in a timely manner.
- The preferred candidate will be expected to make available induction and assessment instruments for assessors to access apprentices; complete storage and retrieval system for organization of Learner Evidence Portfolios in trade associations’ offices; provide a functional system for apprenticeship cluster inspection and monitoring for compliance with minimum standard and quality delivery complete with feedback system.
His/her main activities will include, but not limited to the following:
- Support complete induction documentation for learners in apprenticeship system
- Provision and reproduction of all the necessary forms for documentation of evidence for formative assessment and internal verification of learners in apprenticeship system
- Develop and organize the storage and retrieval of learner portfolios of evidence in the trade associations locations
- Support the monitoring of periodic training quality with the apprenticeship unit in collaboration with the relevant government inspectorate department for foundational skills and trade specific training
- Provide logistics support for all the processes for foundational skills training venue, delivery and trainer support
- Liaise between TVET and ASO to ensure timely delivery of required logistics for various activities related to apprenticeship
- Any other tasks as assigned to the intervention manager
- Alongside exceptional technical competencies, the candidate should bring a commitment to the programme’s overall aims of providing sustainable livelihood opportunities to marginalized young people across our core states of operation.
- The preferred candidate will bring a strong work ethic to a lively and dedicated team of professionals.
Duration and Location:
- This is a full-time position, commencing as on the 1st of November 2017 with anticipated 160 days of input until 31st March 2018.
- The consultant will be based in the Kano Project Office with some travel in and around focal states of Kano, Kaduna, Katsina and Jigawa in the long-run.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online