Adam Smith International are an award-winning professional services business that delivers real impact, value and lasting change through projects supporting economic growth and government reform internationally. Our reputation as a global leader has been built on the positive results our projects have achieved in many of the world’s most challenging environments. Adam Smith International has a strong corporate presence globally, with 146 current projects across 49 countries and over 1,000 staff and associates. Headquartered in London, our regional headquarters are based in Africa (Nairobi, Abuja, and Pretoria), Asia Pacific (Sydney) and South Asia (Delhi), with numerous registered offices across Africa and Asia.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Vacancy Position: Logistics Assistant
Tracking Code: 953-112
Job Location: Kano
Reporting to: Principal Project Manager
Department: Private Sector Development
Position Type: Full-Time/Regular
- Mafita is a 6-year DFID-funded programme working in Nigeria’s northern states, with a vision to empower marginalised youths and women through the provision of increased economic opportunities and social inclusion.
Northern Nigeria has high-youth unemployment, insecurity and limited economic opportunities. Mafita aims to facilitate 68,000 marginalised young people – with a particular emphasis on adolescent girls and Almajirai – to find gainful employment. By 2021, the programme will create a net total of 43,300 full-time equivalent jobs and assisted 23,500 micro and small enterprises (MSEs). The programme will tackle the supply and demand side of the labour market, focussing on the delivery of skills essential for employment, as well as the absorptive capacity of the labour market.
Mafita partners with public and private stakeholders to improve access to relevant and quality training, mentorship, work experience, business development, and financial services for marginalised youths and women. The programme will also support local market systems to enable the absorption of MAFITA’s target beneficiaries into sustainable income-generating activities.
- The Logistics Assistant is responsible for providing support across the programme in the organization and exe execution of events, functions, trainings and external meetings.
- The Logistics Assistant is also responsible for supporting the Procurement Engineer during periods of high procurement need.
- This is a full-time position, commencing as soon as possible with 160 days of input until 31st March 2018. The candidate will be based in the Kano office with some travel in and around focal states of Kano, Kaduna, Katsina and Jigawa.
- Managing the full running of events, functions, training and external meetings. This may include assisting with the procurement of consumables, the purchase of necessary material and their execution on the day.
- Maintaining quality of events and meeting a standard across all events by putting into place standards and systems appropriate to the type of event being conducted.
- Capturing lessons-learned from events to be compiled, shared and acted upon in future events.
- Supporting the Procurement Engineer as needed in the delivery of items, as well as supporting the quality control process.
- Alongside exceptional technical competencies, the candidate should bring a commitment to the programme’s overall aims of providing sustainable livelihood opportunities to marginalized young people across our core states of operation.
- The preferred candidate will bring a strong work ethic to a lively and dedicated team of professionals.
Method Of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online