Women of Divine Destiny Initiative (WODDI) is one of the leading non-governmental organization that is dedicated to delivering result- oriented, high impact practical programmes and services aimed at enhancing the socio-economic well-being of its target group. Women of Divine Destiney Initiative (WODDI) has a vision of reaching out and touching lives of the most vulnerable women and children in the society.
We are currently recruiting to fill the vacancy post below:
Job Vacancy Post: Communications Officer
Location: Owerri, Imo
Supervisor: Programme Manager
- The Communications officer is responsible for the organization’s communication with different target audiences, including customers, journalists, investors, suppliers and the community.
- S/he will help to build a positive reputation for the organization
The Communications Officer will:
- Be in charge of developing regular and quality communication materials
- Support the WODDI communications capacity on the ground and act as a spokesperson with media when required.
- Collect, analyse and transform data from the field into key messages and calls for different stakeholders and audiences.
- Provide context analysis and draft communication park with key material (facts and figures, key messages, press releases etc)
- Media field trips to the operational areas
- Maintain a social media presence for the organisation
- Produce/assist in the production of advocacy messages
Requirements, Education & Experience
- At least a Bachelor’s degree in Communication, Arts, Humanities, or other relevant field.
- Outstanding experience in networking, presentation and proposal writing skills.
- Strong research/analytical skills and experience in design, monitoring and evaluation of development projects.
- Ability to use computers, office software and knowledge management system.
- 4 years of relevant experience at the national or international level.
Work experience in the Non Governmental sector is desired.
Application Deadline: 10th August, 2017.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their one page Application letters and CV’s to: firstname.lastname@example.org