British American Tobacco (www.bat.com) is the world’s leading organization with a long history and a bright and dynamic future. Thanks to our people, we continue to provide growth and exceed expectations in an increasingly complex and complex market.
Our goal is to become a leading tobacco company in each of our markets, providing excellent products with the confidence and responsibility expected of the world’s consumer brands.
If you have the talent and motivation to help us succeed, you will find that we are equally ready to help you fully realize your potential.
We are recruiting to fill vacancy post below:
Job Reference Number: 17221BR
Job Vacancy Location: Ibadan
Type of Appointment: Permanent
Job Purpose and Key Deliverables
- To develop and manage the implementation of physical Logistics strategies across the area. In doing so, take full Management accountability for Logistics related activities (both Financial and Service) and provide direction to ensure responsiveness to market changes, secure market supply, ensure achievement of optimal utilisation of resources and meet performance targets.
- To implement policies, procedures and guidelines in line with the Regional Strategic objectives and business focus, culminating in effective management of the key processes in the Integrated Logistics functions within BATWAA.
- The role holder will ensure that logistics business objectives are achieved and provided to the customers and the factory using the right logistics capabilities. This will include the management of strategic outsource partners such as BAT’s Warehouse partners across West Africa, 3PL Suppliers in Cameroon & Ghana, Distributor in Nigeria via Secondary supply chain. Managing Spare parts vendors via flawless execution of planning and inventory management.
- Responsible for the execution of Logistics and will focus on the Primary network i.e. BATWAA Operations, but the role will also be responsible for identifying opportunities to link the primary and secondary logistics networks in Nigeria, Ghana & Cameroon.
- Drive the implementation of the regional logistics strategy within BATWAA and share best practice across both the regional logistics community.
- To be accountable for and manage all Logistics Services in BAT Ghana, BAT Cameroon & Factory Logistics in Nigeria.
- To provide tactical direction to the logistics services providers in Ghana & Cameroon to enable the delivery of significant savings in transport spend
- To drive and key change and integration initiatives in logistics to deliver integrated and cost effective logistics solutions across and within the BATWAA transport network.
- To contribute to the development of the end-to-end supply chain strategy for logistics in BATWAA by driving logistics integration of suppliers, contracts, performance and processes.
- To support a balanced score card approach to performance measurement with standardised supplier metrics such as OTIF (on time in full, transport cost per mille) and appropriate behaviours in BATWAA to obtain unified performance measures and consistent high level of service.
- To fully understand TM&D’s (Secondary supply chain) business requirements and translate this into required logistics capabilities for integration
- To drive compliance to BAT EHS policies and procedures in all the Warehouses and Logistics operations
- To embrace a leadership style that enables alignment across the end to end supply chain (operations, commercial / end market, supply, demand, finance, security etc) in BATWAA.
- To build change capability across the local logistics community, the suppliers and logistics by demonstrating awareness, listening and proactive change impact / risk management.
- To drive a culture whereby absolute control of the Logistics process is of paramount importance.
- To lead the engagement with all internal and external bodies in all aspects of Logistics compliance.
- To ensure a culture of trust and partnership/collaboration is always maintained with the relevant 3PLs.
- To provide training, development and coaching of direct report
- To own the executional interface with 3rd party logistics service providers, for all factory logistics activities, in BAT Ghana & Cameroon
- To manage the performance of the Transportation Service Centre working within BATWAA looking into factory logistics, BAT Ghana logistics & BAT Cameroon logistics
- To ensure contractual commitments of the suppliers are delivered and exceeded, managed via clearly defined governance structure (target, performance, support).
- To manage the integrity of the Logistics process and system and compliance aspects with providers of 3rd party Logistics services
- To ensure contracts are completed for all relevant agreements and that SLA’s (Service Level Agreements) have been agreed with the relevant business owner.
- Monitor and report performance of the suppliers and use the information for benchmarking the logistics process against the best and other OPCO’s to improve performance.
31st July, 2017.
How to Apply for this Job
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply for this Job position online