Control Risks is an independent, specialist risk consultancy providing solutions for businesses to manage political, security and integrity risks, enabling them to operate successfully in challenging environments. We are looking for motivated and highly skilled people to join our business intelligence team in West Africa, based in our Lagos, Nigeria office.Employer visions We provide real benefit to many of the world’s leading organizations. In doing so we give our people direct responsibility, career development and the opportunity to work on some fascinating projects in a rewarding, diverse and enjoyable environment.We are recruiting to fill the position of Job
Title: Associate Consultant – Nigeria and West AfricaLocation: Nigeria Job
Job Descriptions: The business intelligence team sits within our Compliance, Forensics & Intelligence practice. The practice provides business intelligence, reputational due diligence as well as ethics & compliance consulting services to both local and international businesses operating in West Africa.
Our clients come to us for support dealing with complex issues – in particular identifying and managing third party integrity risks and embedding best practice anti-corruption frameworks into their organizations.
Our associate consultants work within an experienced team, delivering solutions to senior company executives in influential organizations across the region.
Job Purpose: This is a client facing role and you will work with within an experienced team, delivering solutions to senior company executives on business intelligence projects which are focused on identifying issues related to integrity, anti-corruption, and good corporate governance.As a consultant in our team, you will work with colleagues who are self-driven, passionate about African business and politics and who are curious and informed about the governance challenges faced by businesses in West Africa. Our consultants have a background in law, business consulting, business administration, finance, journalism, among others. The diversity of our consultants makes our strength: we welcome candidates who can demonstrate a high level of maturity and professionalism.
Tasks and Responsibilities : With guidance from senior team members, the Associate Consultant will be responsible for the following:
Investigative case work:
- Act as a case manager and service multiple assignments of reasonable complexity.
- Prepare, scope and price standard proposals.
- Investigate, use outside resources and prepare reports
- Prepare and present elements in a larger investigation.
- Have client contact on particular assignments where acting as case manager
- Manage the full administration of cases, including mastering relevant internal systems and providing guidance to administrative staff
Business and Practice Development:
- Contribute to marketing and profile raising events, potentially through presentations.
- Active participation in client meetings.
- Seek opportunities to develop projects and business generally, in conjunction with seniors.
- Seek opportunities to be involved in product development with seniors.
Level and Qualifications
- Education to degree or graduate degree level
- 3-5 years’ demonstrated professional experience preferred
- Right to work in Nigeria
- Fluency in French, Spanish or Portuguese beneficial
- Experience of operating within a commercial environment.
- Excellent verbal and written English
- Ability to summarize large amounts of information in a concise manner and communicate effectively to colleagues and clients
- Excellent computer skills
- Knowledge of key issues and business trends in the region. Apply here